Dolls of Our Childhood

Dolls from Vogue, Ideal, American Character including Toni, Tressy, Tiny Tears, Patti Playpal, Miss Revlon, Ginny, Jill, Betsy McCall, Whimseys, Crissy, Sweet Sue, Thumbelina, and MANY MORE. Articles, Identification of your dolls, info on my doll books. Visit my website at www.dollsofourchildhood.com for more information and to buy books and dolls.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Shirley Temple

"I recently acquired my mother's Shirley Temple doll. Mom got her in 1934 and she is dressed in a cowboy outfit with chaps, boots, vest, bandana, socks (extra pair with doll also), a gun belt with metal gun, hat and a Shirley Temple pin. I have no idea the value of the doll but she is in very good condition. I do not have a digital camera but I could possibly have my daughter take pictures of her. Do you possibly have an idea of her value for insurance purposes?? I am new at this and am not familiar with dolls at all. Thank you."

Answer:
Lucky, you! You have a rare and hard to find Shirley Temple Texas Ranger doll made as a special souvenir of the Texas Centennial. If she still has her 10 gallon Felt hat and all her accessories depending on her size she'd be in the $800-900 range.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home